Better Government (Better Government – US LLC) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization established for the purpose of encouraging the Mayor and City Council of Richmond, Virginia, to increase public trust in city government. Better Government advocates for rules, policies, procedures and practices that encourage public participation and create public confidence in city government.
- Government should be open and transparent.
- Government should provide frequent and convenient opportunities for meaningful public participation.
- Government activity should be fully documented.
- Government information should normally be free, user friendly and available on the internet.
- Government information should be accurate, complete, thorough and objective.
- Government decisions should be consistent with the facts.
- Government rules, policies and procedures should be clear, specific and consistent.
- Government rules, policies and procedures should be enforced.
- Better Government will act only in accordance with our purpose and principles.
- Better Government will act only in accordance with fiduciary ethical standards.